Wednesday 14 May 2014

A compendium of reasons to visit the afterlife.

















There are more than a few days I lay. I just lay in my bedroom, the window open only just enough to allow a cold breeze sweep across the room, yet I stay still - aroused by the thoughts on my mind. Around 11:46pm all I can see are the silhouettes of trees swaying in front of traditional London street lamps. The perfect setting for the topic on my mind - death. A constant obsession for a taste lingers at the back of my head, sometimes taking a more dominant reign of my thoughts.

Very few people in this world are ecclectic and interesting enough, to appreciate the subtle presence of the afterlife. However one who did, was Lee Mcqueen. An obsessive for dark manner and spirit, this would reflect a lot in his designs, and particularly well. Skulls, contortion and deformation were all great centrepieces for quite a few of Alexander's collection and with such a dark aura, the. Though of Lee's death still gives me chills, everytime I see his last line of work.

Just after four years in from his death, and Sarah Burton does an amazing job transcending Lee's spirit season after season. The SS14 McQueen menswear collection embodies Lee's vision of a simple yet grand style, often with a dark Victorian edge. An all over monochromatic collection and one that focuses on fine details and dark prints. Black roses were embroidered over pin-stripped suits, whilst gothic lace covered full-length jackets occasionally revealing skulls amongst the gothic patterns. Alongside the beautiful tailoring and intricate print details, Sarah Burton injected a slight grungy feel to the collection with the addition of very fine, almost cobweb-like knitwear.

0 comments:

Post a Comment