Sunday 25 May 2014

An ejaculation of pop art.

Its rather unclear as to whether Andy Warhol would turn in his grave, or commend Raf Simons on his beautiful line of menswear plagiarism.

Know for his prints notoriously similar to that of Jeremy Scott, Simons really tries to push the boundaries of SS menswear. This line see's two spectrums of what a man (in my eyes) can pull off. A smart but short, summery look pair with a frame hugging overlay and a splash of colour - then, keeping it minimalistic, there is a side that sees oversized tees and box tops paired with very high cut shorts. Again defying convention - in other words the models look like they're wearing dresses. Unusual but I like it, unfortunately in my current figure I'd look more like a potato sack. Let's so it's for those with a slimmer figure and eclectic taste.

I wouldn't cast it off as total crap though, in my experience, Raf Simons clothing looks and feels a lot better on yourself than OTR. For now - let's just see how many hot guys parade around the street of London with this look.







0 comments:

Post a Comment